Polka dots: to the point
How a classic print goes modern
Polka dots are celebrating their comeback! From runway looks (with Loewe, Balenciaga or Jacquemus) to street styles – the classic dot print is seen everywhere today. But this time the dot fashion is discarding the playful retro touch, making it stylish like never before. How are today’s looks modernising themselves? Here’s how the polka dot update works:
- Supersize me! Mini dots become statement spots that appear much more grown up and sophisticated in the large-scale look.
- Go monochrome: The dot pattern in classic black and white is both classy and cool. Fashionistas are currently choosing white tops with black dots and black bottoms with white dots, or the other way around. Tip: be sure to pick flowing, premium fabrics.
- Polka dots all over – the head-to-toe look is ultra-modern right now, also with different dot pieces. Style tip: stick with the colours black & white!
- Classy contrast: power up feminine styles with highly modern pieces. A polka dot silk blouse for instance (with flounces or XL sleeves) styled with destroyed jeans or rocking leather boots.
- Styling effect: Premium accessories in uni colours – like our Explorer (in the photo at the top) – make stylish, edgy and top-class enhancements for outfits with polka dot prints.